Life gets crazy sometimes. Well, I guess we could say not just sometime but almost all of the time!! It is so easy to get busy and forget all of the things in our lives that we need to be thankful for.
The dictionary defines Thankful as meaning expressing gratitude. I want to be thankful today. Not just today but everyday, we just need to remind ourselves of the things in our lives that we need to be thankful for. I have made up a list of 10 things that I am thankful for. I am going to print this list out and post it in my office so I can be reminded daily of all that I have.
Here’s my challenge to you: Take some time today, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, to come up with a list of things that you are thankful for. There is so much to be thankful for and sometimes we just need to remind ourselves of them. Post some of the things that you are thankful for in the comments section below.
The 10 things that I am thankful for: (and these are in no particular order!!)
- My health. I am able to keep up with my kids and run marathons at my age.
- My family. I have both of my parents and my husbands still has both of his parents. We are very blessed.
- My home. I actually love my house. Of course, this needs fixed, that needs painted, and this needs cleaned but it is filled with love and that is the most important thing. Don’t get me wrong I have thought about moving house on a couple of occasions, even though I love our house. I mean who doesn’t? I’ve probably been thinking about it because my friend has recently moved into some new construction homes that have been built in her area and it looks fabulous so it has given me the “new house” bug. Maybe we will be able to do it in the future, but we are very happy where we are at the moment.
- The relationship with the children. I am so thankful that my children actually want to hang out with me! WOW!! I love that.
- Employment. My husband and I have been very blessed with good steady jobs over the years. I have been able to build a hobby into a great business. I went from selling my children’s old clothing to a thriving E commerce business called Busybethie selling clothing to busy women.
- My church. Our church is pretty awesome!! Our provides for us a wonderful Godly community in which to raise our children.
- Opportunities. The opportunities that have become available to me from teaching at church to helping women with their finances–these are great opportunities to give back.
- My husband. I am thankful to have been married almost 25 years loving person. That is priceless.
- Dave Ramsey. A few years back, we came across that financial teachings of Dave Ramsey and how to live a debt free life. His teachings have changed our lives.
- Friends that have become family.
What are some of the things that you thankful for today?