Is your Self Confidence level at a 1 or a 10? According to Dictionary.com, the definition of Self Confidence is: “a feeling of trust in one’s abilities, qualities, and judgment.” Do you struggle to have trust in your own abilities, qualities and judgments? Do you often ask yourself, “Is this project that I have worked on for weeks actually any good?”, “Why in the world did I wear this?”, and “Did I make the right decision?”. We can actually do more than we think we can–we just have to believe that we can. If we need a bit of help with this we can always seek professional help from places like My Sparkling Life who can guide us in achieving our goals, but there are also steps you can take yourself.
I am talking to myself when I am giving tips for growing your Self Confidence. Having confidence in our ideas, projects, choices and even our relationships can reduce stress, give us a healthier outlook on life, and just make us more comfortable in our own skin. Self confidence doesn’t happen overnight. It is a collection of little wins that turn into big wins which then become a new way of thinking and living. Many people turn to plastic surgery in a bid to improve their self-confidence. Women often feel less confident when they have small boobs and many opt for teardrop breast implants, to help boost their self-belief and confidence. This isn’t the case for everyone and plastic surgery is not always the answer.
Here are 8 tips for growing your Self Confidence, without surgery:
- Wear your favorite piece of clothing or accessory. Just putting on that favorite sweater, scarf or pair of shoes can lift you spirits and give you a little bit of boost that you may be needing. Next time you are nervous about something, put on your favorite item and go get it done.
- Wear a smile. Just smile. Smile at your children, at your husband, at the stranger in line behind you at the grocery store. You will look happier and healthier. You never know, someone just might smile back! It pains me that so many people are self-conscious about their smile due to the appearance of their teeth. Whilst missing teeth or discolouration is nothing to be ashamed of, opting for dental implants in Rochester might be the best course of action for those seeking a confidence boost!
- Accept compliments from others. When someone tells you that your hair looks great–DO NOT SAY, “Oh, it is just a mess”. Or when someone tells you that you did a great job on a presentation–do not tell them indirectly tell them that they are wrong by critiquing what you did or how you look. Just say “Thank you very much, I did work hard on it” or something to that extent. Listen to the good things that others may say about you, they just may be right.
- Stop comparing yourself to the Joneses. This is a difficult one but a must do in order to boost your Self Confidence. Be content with what you have and do not worry that someone else appears to be going on a better vacation than you or that their child made the team and your’s did not. When we are content with our own things, we learn to appreciate what we have and view things through the right colored glasses.
- Find positive mentors. Find people around you whose lives that you admire and copy what they are doing. Examine how they are raising their children, how they treat their spouse, their work ethic, their habits, etc. Figure out what they are doing right and start doing it yourself.
- Stop negative self talk. This is something us as women are terrible at–telling ourselves all of the things that are wrong with us. We are either too fat, too ugly, too this, too that. Our Self Confidence will never grown and mature if we are always tearing ourselves down. If necessary, stand in front of your bathroom mirror and tell yourself you are smart, you are beautiful, you can do this–you’ve got this. The person in the mirror just might start to believe you.
- Write down 3 things you are really good at. Make a short list of three things that you are really good at and post it on your bathroom mirror. Read this list to yourself everything time you brush your teeth, do your hair, put on your make up, etc. Change your list out once a week and repeat.
- Schedule a little bit of “Me Time”. “Me Time” is just taking setting some time to work on you. Setting time aside for yourself is vital to your emotional, mental and physical well being. If we do not take care of ourselves, we pretty much can’t do much of anything else. Not sure how to create some Me Time or looking for a few ideas, CLICK HERE click here for some ME Time tips.
Remember; different things will work for different people. For some, asking “is a breast lift by Dr. Hyman right for me?” may give you a lot of answers. The operation could help immensely, or it could not be something you actually need. It depends entirely on the individual and their own self confidence in their day to day lives. Actually, what is your level of Self Confidence between 1 and 10? What areas do you struggle with in your Self Confidence? Do you any additional tips for improving your Self Confidence? Please share in the comments section below.