As busy women, it is all about saving time doing the routine things so we can devote more time to the really important things in our lives. One way to save time is to have a no-fuss wardrobe.
By having a few basic and essential pieces in your wardrobe that compliment each other and work together, you can provide yourself with a variety of great looking outfits by just changing out one item for another.
With having just 10 basic wardrobe pieces, your outfits will come together quickly and you will be stylish and fabulous through your day with little time and effort.
- A basic black pencil skirt. First things first, you need a basic black knee length pencil skirt. This type of skirt is so versatile–great for work and great for play. I prefer skirts made of a thicker jersey knit suiting fabric with an elastic waist and have an easy pull on design.
- A comfortable neutral colored blazer. You need a comfortable fit, basic dressy blazer in a neutral color such as black, gray, or tan. It can be fitted or loose depending upon your body type. Just make sure it fits comfortably through the shoulders and that the sleeves are long enough. Don’t know your body type? Click here and read our easy to follow guide to determine your body type.
- A classic white blouse. This style of blouse can be worn dressy or casual depending upon your need.
- A slightly fitted denim jacket. This is one of my favorite fashion pieces. Make sure it fits comfortably throughout the shoulders and under the arms. You can have a looser fit for a more casual look.
- A black laying top. A must have piece is a black layering top either with a V neckline or round neckline. Both long and short sleeves can work here depending upon where you live. I prefer a longer cut style so it will stay pulled down when moving about.
- A comfortable pair of heels. When your feet hurt-your entire body will hurt and will make getting through your day more difficult. You need a pair of dressy neutral colored comfortable shoes with not too high of a heel. Some great brands to look for are Clarks and Aerosoles.
- Scarves. Love, love, love the scarves–you need a few pretty scarves to add to your wardrobe. The variety of scarves is endless with all of the color and prints available. A scarf can change the look of an outfit in flash. Looking for some great ways to wear your scarves? Click here for our 6 easy ways to style a scarf.
- A comfortable pair of basic flats. In addition to a comfortable pair of dress shoes, you need a pair of comfortable flats. Basic black is always great but a color or animal print would also work just to add a bit of flare.
- A variety of colored handbags. If you are into just the neutral look of a wardrobe, you can just add a brightly colored handbag to your outfit and then turn a few heads.
- Headbands. A great but yet simple way to add some sparkle to your wardrobe is with headbands. Whether you have long or short hair, a head band will work for you. Just make sure that they are not too tight or you will know that you are wearing a headband before the night is over–can we say “headache”!
Do you have all 10 of these essential pieces in your wardrobe? In need of a basic black skirt or great jacket? Click here and check out our store and find your style with us.
Do you have any additional accessories or styles that you include in your wardrobe? Let us know your favorites styles and must have pieces in our comment section below.