Children grow up so fast. When our girls were little, older ladies would tell me this and I would just laugh it off but I am not laughing now. It is so true!!! I can’t believe how fast time has flown and how grown up our children are! Now I am one of those old ladies telling this same thing to the young mothers around me.
We always tried to have fun things for the girls to do that didn’t involve lots of money. I generally didn’t care what the girls did as long as they cleaned up after themselves which I am still waiting for them to do just that.
I have put together a short list of great activities that you can do with your children or even your grand children before they grow up. There isn’t much money involved and would create a life time of memories.
20 Things To Do With Your Kids Before They Grow Up
- Sleep outside
- Make a tent city in the house that stays up for days
- Make mud pies
- Splash in a creek
- Star gaze at night
- Let them make dinner for the family
- Teach them to pray
- Teach them to go to church
- Visit the elderly
- Make special treats for those that are sick
- Go sled riding
- Play in the rain
- Teach them to write a Thank You note
- Visit history museums
- Make cookies from scratch
- Teach them how to do a budget
- Let them fail at something and teach them how to get back up again
- Visit a working farm
- Build a sand castle
- Make pictures by melting crayons between wax paper
It has been a wonderful and fun filled ride raising the girls with my husband. It is a joy and privilege to see them as beautiful young women finding their way. We are looking forward to all of the wonderful years yet to come!
Do you have any activities to add to my list? Please share in the comment section below.