Do your skirts suddenly feel tight around your middle? Is your belly turning into something off of a scary movie? Blame it on pregnancies, busyness, and that unavoidable middle age that sneaks up on the best of us. Between kids, work and just plain life, your gym visits and workouts are few and far between. A better diet and the gym can help some but most of the time, it is almost impossible to get back to “how it used to be”.
No worries!! Luckily, there are many things you can do to help hide your belly. Here are six great fashion tricks on how to hide your belly with fashion and clothes.
1. Do not wear anything tight or clingy over your belly. Choose tops that skim over your belly without being tight or clingy. This will help hide any extra bulges and give you a seamless appearance.
2. Choose tops with ruching or drape. Ruching is when the fabric is gathered and sewn down at a seam. Ruching and draping both help disguise and hide that little extra in the belly area and is very slimming. Here are some examples of tops with ruching and draping. You can click HERE and find these great tops and more in our eBay store.
3. Create a vertical body line with a long cardigan, jacket or top. Creating a vertical appearance will make you appear taller and leaner. The eye will drawn up and down and away from your middle. Here are some examples of tops that create a vertical body line. You can click HERE and find these great tops and more in our eBay store.
4. Do not wear belts right on top of your belly. Having a solid horizontal line around your belly draws your eye straight to your middle. Instead, wear your belts above your waistline.
5. Wear your shirt or blouse untucked. Tucking your shirt or blouse creates a lot of extra bulk around your middle and creates a thicker appearance.
6. Add some shape wear to your wardrobe. I know shapewear can be annoy but it can really slim and hide your belly. There are lots of different styles available. I would suggest just going out and trying a few shapewear styles on and find something that you like and feel comfortable wearing.
With just a few fashion tricks, you can hide your belly and appear slimmer in minutes. Do you have any trick you would like to add to our list? Please share in the comments below. Have a great day and go be awesome!