I just love crock pot meals–they are perfect for the Busy Woman with a busy family. All of the ingredients can be put in the crock pot first thing in the morning or even the night before. In the morning, turn the crock pot before your leave for work and when you come home, there is a delicious meal waiting for you!
This Sweet Sesame Chicken was super easy and yummy. I forgot the add the sesame seeds before I took the picture so that is why none are showing. Not everyone in my home likes sesame seeds so it work out well.
Enjoy this quick and easy recipe!
- 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breast–I added a few extra for left overs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 diced onions
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 3 TB of water
- sesame seeds
- Season chicken lightly with sale and pepper–place in crock pot
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onions, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes–pour over chicken
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours
- Remove chicken from crock pot
- Dissolve 2 tsp of cornstarch in 3 TB of water–pour into crock pot
- Stir to combine sauce and replace lid–cook on high for an additional 10 minutes
- Shred chicken and return to pot–toss with sauce before serving
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice, noodles or vegetables