This is quite possibly the easiest and yummiest home made Macaroni & Cheese that you will ever make. My youngest daughter claims to be a Mac & Cheese expert and she just loved this recipe. The prep time took about 3 minutes and this dish was complete and ready to be devoured in about 2 hours. While most crock pot dishes can be left attended, I would not to that with this one. It needed to be stirred about every 30 minutes. Otherwise, it was GREAT!
- 1 pound (16 oz) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 TB butter cut into slices
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz of Velveeta cheese cut into cubes
- Combined all ingredients into crock pot. Mix well
- Cook on the lowest setting for 1 1/2 – 2 hours
- Stir every 30 minutes until macaroni is cooked completely through
I added another cup of milk before serving because we like a creamier Mac & Cheese. I would recommend adding 4 cups of milk total. This was delicious! For more Busy Day crock pot recipes, CLICK HERE.