Do you and your husband date? You may think, I have been married for many years so my husband and I do not need to go out on a date. Oh, but you are so wrong. Dating your husband and taking time out of your busy schedule to spend time with him is necessary and vital to your relationship and marriage. By taking the time to plan a “date”, you are letting your husband know that after all of these years, he is still #1 in your life and that his happiness matters to you. You need to find somewhere that you will both enjoy, and a live music venue with great food is always a good option, for example you could try Katy Vibes: Real Food, Real Entertainment. It doesn’t have to be about making huge firework style moments together, just relaxing and having some fun. It is about creating little moments that one day, will turn into the big moments that you will remember forever. Choosing to do something fun, like an escape room, is a very memorable experience that will also give you some valuable bonding time over a shared challenge. With many themes to choose from, ranging from heists to science labs at this escape room phoenix, you’re sure to enjoy some interactive and immersive fun as you cooperate to get out of the room in time! Those in the DFW Metro area wondering what to do in DFW often decide on an escape room as their chosen date location.
Many couples always do the same thing at the same time in the same place. There are lots of great new and exciting places around where you live to visit and explore. These new style dates do not need to be complicated or expensive and cheap doesn’t have to mean boring.
Here is a simple “date your husband” ideas that do not require a lot of money or time. Give a few of them a try!
- Make your favorite dessert or meal together. Who doesn’t love to eat?!
- Go to a small coffee shop and plan a 12 month calendar together. You could use this time to plan a monthly date night or plan and map out some money goals.
- Exercise together–go for a run, bike ride, join fitness class at the local rec center. This is one I really enjoy. My husband and I love to go long distance cycling together. We don’t actually own any bikes so we normally contact a local bike rental company when we want to go cycling (check out this information from Peddling Pelican Cruiser if you’re interested!) It’s a great idea for a date and it’s also a great way to get fit! Win-win situation!!
- Go to an antique mall. We did this a few months ago and it was so much fun to see toys from our past.
- Get out old pictures of your life together and reminisce about your childhood.
- Challenge each other in a board game: Trivial Pursuit, Sorry, Clue, Connect Four. This one could get quite competitive and end up a tradition.
- Go look at fancy cars–but do not buy!
- Make a fire and roast marshmallows. I love a fire at night time–this is one of my favorite things to do any time of the year.
- Take a hike through a park or the woods. If you are in a cold climate, just bundle up and get out there. There is something special about a walk in the snow.
- Go back to the same spot where your hubby asked you to marry him. The restaurant that we were engaged at is no longer standing but we pass its location when we ride the local bike trial. My husband always mentions it.
While Valentine’s Day, birthdays and anniversaries give us a good reasons to take our spouse out on a date, try a few of these ideas throughout the year. They may just give you a life time of memories!
What are your special dating places or dating ideas? Please share in our comments section below.