If you have $1,000,000,000 to spend, how would you spend it? $1,000,000 isn’t all that much money anymore so I had to change the amount to $1,000,000,000–that is A LOT of zeros!! The question is what would you do with that much money? Everyone is talking about the Power Ball. I haven’t even heard of the Power Ball until all of the hype this week so you can assume that I didn’t purchase a ticket.
We often sit around a talk about and plan out what would we do if I had such and such amount of money. So OK, here you go: what would you do with it? Would you quit your job? Travel the world? Help out the less fortunate?
Here is my quickly made up list of what I would do with a $1,000,000,000 dollars:
- The first thing that I would do would be to hire Dave Ramsey as my financial adviser. He is brilliant and teaches Bible based finances. We have followed his teachings for several years and haven’t gone wrong yet.
- I would pay my tithes and give a huge offering to my church.
- I would take my entire family and a few friends on a huge Disney cruise–that would eat up quite a bit of the cash right there!
- I would set up college and wedding funds for my children. You want to get married at Disney–Sure, here you go!
- I would set up a huge annuity through my church to pay for college for members of my church.
- I would set up a non-profit financial counseling program for single moms.
- I would purchase homes for my parents and my in-laws.
- My husband would probably want to build a new home so I would go along with that.
- I would hire someone to run my business. I would be the CEO of everything and call the shots but just put right people in the right places.
- I would set up a non-profit program that would feed and house the homeless.
This list is a just for fun but it is true, you do need a plan whether you have a million/billion dollars or only $100. If you do not tell your money where to go, it will leave you way too quickly and you wouldn’t even know it until it is gone. You may ask, “where do I get a money plan?” The best financial plan that I know is Bible based.
Sometimes, the concepts in the Bible are difficult to understand. As I mentioned earlier, we have followed the financial advice of Dave Ramsey. His understanding of how to handle money the Bible way has changed our lives. I would suggest you start there. We went from having thousands of dollars of debt to being debt free by following his Financial Peace money guidelines. It didn’t happen over night but over several years, we did it!
Do you have a financial plan? You never know–you may become a billionaire someday!! What would you do with that much money?