Do you have moments during your day when you feel bombarded with feelings of self-doubt, fear, lack of confidence? I certainly do and more often than I would like. How do you handle these situations? What is your plan of attack against all of these feelings that can cause us to not be our best and sometimes just defeat our own selves?
Sometimes these feelings can be overwhelming and crippling to us. We can give into them and let these feelings have control over us or we can work to conquer and defeat them. One tool that I use to fight against these untrue thoughts and ideas is the Bible. There is so much truth in the Bible and we can use these verses and words to combat and conquer against all of the negative and non productive ideas that we have.
Here are some common feelings that I have and I am sure that you may have also. Along with those feeling, I have a scripture to fight against it. When you feel this way, you can read this scripture and find the truth in the scripture to defeat those negative thoughts and ideas. Please feel free to print these out and post them somewhere so you can refer to them on a regular basis.
- I am unloved: The truth is you are very loved. John 15:9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
- I am a failure: The truth is you are victorious. Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
- I am fearful: The truth is you are free from free. Psalms 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.
- I am not very smart or good enough: The truth is I have God’s wisdom. John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.
- There is nothing special about me: The truth is I have been chosen. John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit.
What are some of the untruths that you face? Do you have any special scriptures to combat these untruths? Please share in the comment section below.